Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nobel peace prize

The unexpected choice of President Obama is puzzling. Did the selection committee really think this through in terms of the reality of Washington and what Obama is fighting these days? I would argue that Copenhagen did him less harm by turning down the Chicago Olympic bid, than Oslo by selecting him ,9 months into his term, and as he struggles with a 50 % approval rating in the U.S.
The Conservative opposition( pure hatred of anything he does ) loves it !Your thoughts will be most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. This is not easy! I can see my uncle Chris´stepdaughter Marsha on facebook. She is NOT fond of this President of hers. I thought he was the right person to take over from Bush (but I`m a swede and who am I to decide for americans?).
    And then to give him the Nobel price for peace - the Nobelpricecommitte says that he stands for the same values as they do. They gave him the price for lightening the hope in this world for cooperations between countrys. Especilly his wanting to create a world without nuclearwepons. I think they chose a person with power.
    The alternative Nobelprice http://www.ideasforchange.tv/
    is about peacework, climatchange, rainforests and to Cathrine Hamlin (who I think should have a real Nobelprice) and that is perhaps more right in our minds. But Obama has more power and .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The choice of Obama was discussed yesterday at TV. Someone said that "he got the prize because he isn't Bush". Maybe that's very true?

    ReplyDelete